Wednesday 18 July 2012

The Office

Like a madman in search for clues,
For the source of all my blues.
A hint of sarcasm, a funny remark,
Is all it takes to make a spark.

Sucked through the tunnel of meaning,
To find riddles so demeaning.
Reflections of the past create despair,
Burning my soul like lightning in the air.

A voice called from the distance - are you ok, are you alright?
Frankly no, I look like shite.

Crescendos of chatter all around, so hard to focus,
Evil magicians surround me! Hocus Pocus!
With tricks of wonder and surprise,
I couldn't look them in the eyes.
Words of the past came back to haunt,
Twas the reason I became so gaunt.

Copperfield was in his lair, waiting,
For I was still debating.
To run or to confront?
The master, the wizard, the cunt.
Tales of wisdom were parted,
Of a land which existed long before it started.

Returning to a world of peace,
Requires a little elbow grease.
So the journey continued on to the next level,
To rid myself of the ruthless devil.

5 comments:

  1. Terrific juxtaposition of the office and carnival - Wonderful imagery :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - Think you'll get more response if you turn off word verification - that advice was given to me a while back - I pass it in friendship on to you :)

      Delete
  2. Intense run through the emotions. I like how you took a different spin on the prompt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you wrote this...the comparisons are vivid and so well done~ :D

    ReplyDelete